Welcome to this week’s market update, where you can find information on pricing and availability of our wholes fruit & vegetable lines. The Framer’s gate are pleased to offer free wholesale produce delivery to the Sunshine Coast region seven days a week.
We are really moving into autumn this week, peaches (particularly yellow varieties) and nectarines are now virtually over. So, its plums, grapes, apples and pears for the fruit bowl.
- In apples, we have a great offer on small and large Gala apples
- With grapes we have red and green in stock – great eating
- WBC pears in stock, the new season Packhams will take a while to ripen, so buy a few days ahead and leave them out of the fridge
- Seedless melon has really come good with the weather
- Strawberries are eating well, but at this stage of the crop the only cheap fruit tends to be the smaller fruit
- Autumn raspberries are really good
- Some stores are starting Hass avocados, however greenskin Shepards are still the most reliable and tasty fruit.
It’s still a very firm market for most vegetables. Lebanese cucumbers, continental cucumbers, broccoli and broccolini are good supply and reasonably priced
- Butternut pumpkin is eating very well
- Corn has really come good in both quality and price
- Okra and sweet potato are well supplied
All the herbs which suffered with intense heat have now come good, so we have plenty of top-quality coriander, dill and continental parsley again!