Our new fresh fruit & veg Family Dinner Pack, available for free Sunshine Coast delivery Wednesday 20th March and Friday 22nd March. $60 for 6 recipes, the veg for those dishes, a shopping list to complete the meals, and some fruit.
Dinner for 4 Shopping List Wednesday March 20th 2019
From the Pantry: Olive oil, butter, sugar, eggs, salt and pepper, flour, Self raising flour
Easy Asian salmon tray bake
2 tablespoons white miso paste
1 1/2 tablespoons mirin
Sweet chilli sauce
4 salmon fillets, skinless
450g packet microwave brown rice
Chicken, bok choy and baby corn stir fry (low carb)
600g fresh wide rice noodles
600g chicken tenderloins
1/4 cup chicken stock
Beef and bean nachos
500g beef mince
400g can crushed tomatoes
400g can red kidney beans
2 x 175g packets plain corn chips
Quick kofta and lemon tagine (low carb)
500g lamb mince
250 ml chicken stock
Quick pork yiros
Red wine vinegar
500g pork fillet
4 pita bread
Hot potato chips, Tzatziki dip
Roast tarragon and mustard chicken
8 chicken marylands
Quick nutella mousse
100g dark chocolate
300ml thickened cream 1/2 cup nutella flake bar
It’s been another week of crazy weather around the country which has impacted a number of our fresh produce lines. Below is our latest fruit and veg delivery update to assist with your wholesale produce order.
CAUTION: Product Alert
The warmer weather has had an impact on some of our lines such as celery, caulies, tomatoes, snow peas to name a few.
The Pink Lady apple season has come to an end, we will be switching to new season galas next week; we are anticipating some respite in price over the next few weeks but not just yet.
Some herbs currently are in short supply due to the warmer weather.
Tomatoes are still very high price and still no answer when this will change. We are trying our best to buy cheapest and quality in.
- AVOCADOS: The Hass Avocados season is coming to an end, and we will start to see the Shepard variety coming into the market. While Hass will still be available the Shepard’s will be much better value for money
- STONEFRUIT: An abundance of good quality, well priced stone fruit is available now
- APPLES/ PEARS: With the start of the new season Gala apples, we will see the Pink Lady season finish. As we get further into March supply will improve on both apples and pears which should see prices drop on both
- GRAPES: Grapes have really started to pick up in supply. With the warmer weather we will see an abundance of good quality red & white grapes on the market
- STRAWBERRIES: Supply on this line is still very short with most of our fruit coming out of Victoria at present. This has caused a considerable jump in price for all Strawberries
- CAPSICUM: Our local season has yet to get into full swing and we are having to import capsicum from South Australia to fill demand. Prices will rise especially on red and yellow
- HERBS: The recent hot weather conditions always affects supply of soft herbs. Herbs such as Chervil, Dill and Fennel tend to be hit the hardest and supply on these lines maybe sporadic.
The Farmer’s Gate provides free delivery of wholesale fruit and veg throughout the Sunshine Coast, if you are interested in knowing more please check out our Contact Us page