The Farmer’s Gate collects a variety of information when you visit our website.
The information we collect lets us:
- improve the performance of our website
- deliver your shopping order to the right place
- save you from having to re-enter details the next time you shop online
- protect against fraud or theft
- provide offers that are of interest or benefit to you.
Most information collected when you visit our website is statistical and not linked to you personally. This can include information about pages visited, software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), referring websites, and other activities such as links clicked. This enables us to understand and improve the performance of our website.
We use “cookies” to collect some of this information (a cookie is a piece of information that allows us to identify and interact more effectively with your browser or device). Cookies also assist us in maintaining the continuity of your experience (e.g. keeping items in your shopping trolley) and remembering your details and preferences when you return. You can configure your web browser to reject and delete cookies, but you may find some parts of the The Farmer’s Gate website may not work effectively.
We only collect personal information when necessary – such as when you register your details, place an order or give us feedback. We comply with Australian privacy legislation and we always handle your personal information securely and with care.
There are three convenient payment alternatives:
- Online Payment by Credit Card: Provide your credit card details during checkout on our secure site. We accept MasterCard, Visa.The payment will be charged after we have picked and packed your order, just prior to dispatch, which in most instances will be the day of delivery but may be the day prior to delivery.If your credit card is declined by your financial institution we can’t guarantee delivery. We may attempt to contact you to make alternative payment arrangements or ask for payment at the time of the delivery via Mobile EFTPOS.
- Wholesale Customer Account: To set up a Wholesale Customer account, simply complete our wholesale customer registration form. You’ll need an ABN. Once we approve your account, and provide you with further details, ‘Login’ using the link at the top right of the website header to gain access to the Wholesale Orders page.
Note: For retail / home delivery orders, we don’t accept cheques as payment.
Credit card security
Your credit card details are stored in separated form until the order process has been finalised.
When you are logged into your account, we’ll show only partial digits of your card number when you check out. We’ll never show the whole number.
Our shopping cart uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology and industry standard 128-bit encryption. Basically, this makes it very hard for anyone else to intercept or access your details.